Ladies, particularly those of you that are young and/or older and re-entering the single world, this one is for you:
1. No man truly respects a woman that does not have her own mind, interests and life.
2. No man wants a woman to be up his behind whenever he is doing anything.
3. Every man that complains about his wife/girlfriend’s friends is really saying: She is mine and I know that she is able to live without me, so she must WANT me there, not NEED me there.
4. Any man that doesn’t allow you to have your own mind, friends, likes and dislikes, doesn’t really want you but a servant and bed companion.
A woman that can’t understand that has issues understanding this simple idea – you need to be able to take care of yourself, live a life that you can share with him without being so far into him that you are never without him outside of work, and have friends that are not necessarily going to like him. If you can’t do that, then you have a problem.
So, Ladies, remember this:
1. If you want to go out with the girls for drinks, be respectful – 1 a.m. is not the appropriate time to come home, he will worry.
2. If you don’t like his politics, don’t talk about them with him. He will get over it.
3. If you don’t like his friends, remember that he probably doesn’t really like yours – respect that.
4. You don’t need his opinion to buy a dress…. go with your girlfriends.
5. You don’t need him to go have coffee with your mom, friend or just by yourself – stop waiting for him to like what you like.
6. You do need your own income. Don’t ever let go of your ability to earn. He won’t respect it and you won’t respect yourself.
7. Relationships are work…. for both of you. If only one person is working, the relationship is not working.
8. You aren’t going to lose him if he hangs with the boys a couple of times a week and you don’t have to like what he likes to talk to him.
9. You are not a servant, he has a responsibility to be a man and be part of the household care team – kids or no kids.
10. Most of all, remember that you are not part of his body – you don’t have to be so close you can’t breath with out using his lungs.
True love is mutual – mutual respect, understanding, sharing and caring and the ability to love and enjoy each other without devouring each other.